PR Account Coordinator
At Eighty-Eight we’re known for our sense of humour (Agency or Porn), our creative ways of getting the attention of potential clients (hi Warby Parker!), and our use of new tech to solve client problems (TIFFBOT, a chatbot to help you navigate TIFF). We work with forward-thinking, creative clients like foodora, Sony Pictures Television, and Telus, and we do pro bono work for non-profit clients like The Upside Foundation of Canada. Now we’re looking for a PR Account Coordinator to help support our consumer and technology PR clients.
As PR Account Coordinator you’ll work directly with our Account Managers & Senior PR Manager, helping to support all aspects of PR campaigns – from launch announcements to media events. As an AC, you’ll be responsible for building strategic media lists, drafting media materials, identifying pitch opportunities, coordinating and securing media coverage, and more.
With the support of our PR team, this person will:
– Build and maintain national media lists for various journalist beats
– Support ongoing media relations for our consumer and tech clients, including pitching, coordinating interview logistics, drafting media briefs, being on-site as necessary, and monitoring for coverage
– Identify and build relationships with key journalists across Canada
– Write and edit compelling pitches; draft the first copy of media materials including press releases, media advisories, backgrounders/fact sheets, and more
– Plan and maintain pitch calendars and help develop campaign ideas
– Monitor daily for client coverage and compile project wrap reports
– Monitor for competitive coverage and identify trends/opportunities for clients
– Assist with planning launch parties, media previews, and other events – sourcing vendors, handling media invites, maintaining RSVP lists, and being on-site during events
– Draft submitted/bylined articles and secure placement in industry publications
Use our suite of software tools, including Meltwater, CoverageBook, Freckle, and Zoho
– Plan and support influencer campaigns including researching key partners, maintaining lists, handling outreach and follow-ups, building relationships, and coordinating logistics for product drops
– Admin tasks as necessary such as shipping and deliveries
Here are the qualities we’re looking for in this hire:
– Three qualities: initiative, resourcefulness, and drive
– Degree/diploma in communications or public relations or equivalent experience (if you don’t have a relevant degree that’s okay as long as you have the 3 qualities in point #1)
– You understand that the media landscape in Canada is changing, and you’re eager to plan and execute integrated campaigns that include traditional earned media relations, influencer outreach, paid media and more
– Resourcefulness: You won’t always know the answer to a question, but you can source it on your own
– Love for words: you love writing, whether it’s a press release or writing your own personal blog posts or stories. You have a passion for nerdy things like spelling and grammar, and would never be caught dead using the wrong your/you’re or its/it’s
– Personality, both online and off: We’re a small team and we like to have fun, so we want someone who fits the Eighty-Eight culture. We also need you to have a personality that shines through for each client, while still staying true to that client’s goals and voice
– Creativity: We’re constantly cooking up creative ideas for our clients, and we need someone who’s not afraid to throw out 15 crazy ideas to find the one idea that works
– Great time management: You’ll be working on several client accounts every day, and juggling multiple responsibilities and various platforms
– You’re thorough and accurate, and your attention to detail would put Gmail’s ‘Undo Send’ button to shame
– Bonus if you’re bilingual in French/English
You’ll be working at our office at Queen & Spadina in the heart of downtown Toronto, which means you can get your errands done on your lunch (and there’s an LCBO two blocks away).
Perks of the job:
– Full benefits program
– Wear what you want except flip flops, we’re not animals
– We do fun events on Fridays which yes, we know every agency says, but ours are actually fun
– Snacks (not always healthy)
– Monthly fun events – we’ve been to Skyzone, have you?
– Annual retreat – last year’s was in Prince Edward County
Think the position is a great fit for you? Email your resume and/or LinkedIn profile, and Instagram (or whatever you think best demonstrates your personality) to email@example.com.