PR Account Executive: One-Year Contract
At Eighty-Eight we’re known for our sense of humour (Agency or Porn), our creative ways of getting the attention of potential clients (hi Warby Parker!), and our use of new tech to solve client problems (TIFFBOT version two coming soon). We work with forward-thinking, creative clients like foodora, Sony Pictures Television, and PayPal, and we do pro bono work for non-profit clients like The Upside Foundation of Canada. Now we’re looking for a PR Account Executive to help with our consumer and lifestyle PR clients.
As PR Account Executive you’ll work directly with our Account Manager & Senior PR Manager, helping to plan and execute events, announcements, and PR campaigns for clients. You’ll also manage an Account Coordinator on your team. As AE, you’ll be responsible for drafting media materials, handling media relations, and coordinating PR campaigns.
This is a one-year maternity leave contract with benefits in our Toronto office.
- Lead the bulk of ongoing media relations for our lifestyle and consumer clients, including coordinating interview logistics, drafting media briefs, and handling client communications
- Build and maintain relationships with consumer and lifestyle journalists across Canada
- Draft and edit media materials – pitches, backgrounders/fact sheets, and press releases/announcements
- Work with our coordinators to build and review strategic media lists, monitor daily for client coverage/competitive coverage/trends/opportunities, and compile coverage reports
- Assist with planning launch parties, media previews, and other events – sourcing vendors, handling media invites and RSVP lists, and being on-site during events
- Plan pitch calendars and develop campaign ideas
- Draft or edit submitted/bylined articles and secure placement in industry publications
- Use our suite of software tools, including Cision, Meltwater, and CoverageBook
- Plan influencer campaigns – researching influencers, handling outreach, coordinating influencer drops, and handling follow-ups
- Experience in PR: You have 2+ years experience working in PR either at an agency or a company. You’ve done lots of media relations and writing, and have experience working and communicating directly with clients in the past
- Degree/diploma in communications or public relations or equivalent experience
- Existing relationships: you have established relationships with influencers and media, locally and nationally
- Social media literacy: you not only use social media in your personal life, but have incorporated social media into your PR campaigns in the past
- Understanding of the changing media landscape in Canada (earned, paid, owned)
- Experience with integrated campaigns that include media relations, influencer outreach, and other executions
- Resourcefulness: You won’t always know the answer to a question, but you can source it on your own
- Love for words: you love writing, whether it’s a press release or writing your own personal blog posts or stories. You have a passion for nerdy things like spelling and grammar, and would never be caught dead using the wrong your/you’re or its/it’s
- Personality, both online and off: We’re a small team and we like to have fun, so we want someone who fits the Eighty-Eight culture. We also need you to have a personality that shines through for each client, while still staying true to that client’s goals and voice
- Creativity: We’re constantly cooking up creative ideas for our clients, and we need someone who’s not afraid to throw out 15 crazy ideas to find the one idea that works
- Great time management/attention to detail: You’ll be working on several client accounts every day, and juggling multiple responsibilities and various platforms
- Bonus if you’re bilingual in French/English
You’ll be working at our office at Queen & Spadina in the heart of downtown Toronto, which means you can get your errands done on your lunch (and there’s an LCBO two blocks away).
- Full benefits program
- Wear what you want except flip flops, we’re not animals
- We do fun events on Fridays which yes, we know every agency says, but ours are actually fun
- Snacks (not always healthy)
- Monthly fun events – we’ve been to Skyzone, have you?
- Annual retreat – this year’s is in Prince Edward County
- Option to turn contract into a full-time role