At Eighty-Eight we’re known for our sense of humour (Agency or Porn), our creative ways of getting the attention of potential clients (hi Warby Parker!), and our use of new tech to solve client problems (TIFFBOT version two coming soon). We work with forward-thinking, creative clients like foodora, Sony Pictures Television, and PayPal, and we do pro bono work for non-profit clients like The Upside Foundation of Canada. Now we’re looking for a Creative Project Manager to help us manage the flow of our projects.
As Creative Project Manager, you’ll oversee the production and delivery of our agency’s work, and project manage the process of turning creative ideas into tangible outputs across a variety of media. Basically you will rein us all in and make sure that not only are our ideas great, but we’re distilling them into projects that match the client’s goals and budgets, and that we’re delivering the finished product on time, to the required level of quality, and within budget. It’s a hybrid role that is part production manager, part project manager, part account manager, and part creative manager.
You will be working with our leadership team, including our Creative Director, PR Director, VP of Business Development, and Managing Director, as well as with the broader team.
- Overall responsibility: Work with the larger team to get internal and client projects done on brief, on time, and on budget. As the creative project manager, your job is to plan, budget, oversee and document all aspects of the specific project you are working on, while also making sure the quality of work represents the client’s vision and our agency’s vision
- Own shipping good work
- Manage overall projects for all three agency teams (PR, design, marketing) with a focus on design/marketing. This includes tracking budgets, tracking progress, and tracking deliverables against scope
- Manage internal Eighty-Eight branding and marketing projects – these are a lot of fun to work on, and we love getting creative input from everyone on the team
- Project manage all new business requests through from initial contact to delivery of proposal, and contribute to development of proposals and RFP responses
- Ensure resource availability and allocation within the team
- Contribute to brainstorms and concept ideation for projects
- Create and execute project workback schedules and revise as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements
- Manage day-to-day operational aspects of a project and scope
- Develop templates for internal PM use, including workback schedules
- Communicate effectively with clients and the team to identify project needs and determine solutions
- Set and manage client expectations
- Attend team meetings to capture meeting notes and communicate next steps
- Manage creative reviews, communicating client feedback, and vetting all changes for design team
- Communicate budget updates and project progress to clients on a regular basis
- Ensure project documents are complete, current, and stored appropriately
- Manage the creative production of product launch campaigns and creative work, including working with third-party vendors to source quotes and coordinate production
- Suggest any tools / platforms that you think would make our workflow better overall
- 3-5 Years of experience in a Producer or Project Manager role
- Experience in a creative agency, ideally an agency of between 10-30 people
- Great organizational skills, and can manage multiple projects at the same time
- Capable of working within and leading a team
- Strong negotiation skills
- Knowledgeable about trends in design and marketing
- Flexible and able to adapt quickly to the demands of challenging and unusual projects
- Able to scope out and determine the feasibility of producing final creative work in a variety of formats
- Strong leadership skills: you can keep team members motivated, resolve conflicts, and make hard decisions
- Strong time management: You will be working with team members, clients, and vendors, often spinning multiple plates at once
- Good with money: Project managers are expected to keep and maintain a budget, and you will need to be confident in using math skills to make sure you know where the company’s money is going
- Passion and an eye for creative is a must
- An eye for process: understanding where process can help and suggesting process improvements
We’re a creative communications agency based in downtown Toronto that specializes in digital marketing, public relations, and graphic design and branding. The only thing that sets agencies apart from each other is their people, and we’re really lucky to have an incredible team of creative, smart, fun people who like each other but also get sh*t done. We’re also lucky to have an incredible roster of clients in the tech, startup, and consumer/lifestyle spaces, including Sony Pictures Television, foodora, PayPal, and NEXT Canada. Our projects have been featured in AdAge, AdWeek, Strategy, the Toronto Star, Canadian Business, Digiday, and many more, and while we haven’t won a Cannes Lion (yet) we know it’s only a matter of time.
You’ll be working at our office at Queen & Spadina in the heart of downtown Toronto, which means you can get your errands done on your lunch (and there’s an LCBO two blocks away).
Perks of the job:
- Full-time paid position
- Full benefits program
- Wear what you want except flip flops, we’re not animals
- We do fun events on Fridays which yes, we know every agency says, but ours are actually fun
- Snacks (not always healthy, hand-picked by our PR team member Hafsa)
- Monthly fun events – we’ve been to Skyzone, have you?
- Annual retreat – this year’s is in Prince Edward County
Think the position is a great fit for you? Email your resume, LinkedIn, and Instagram to firstname.lastname@example.org.